Tuesday 9 September 2014

Ghamya Wijayadasa

Miss Sri Lanka 2009 Ghamya Wijayadasa is all set to make her Bollywood debut with an item number in this week's release, Aalaap, a musical drama directed by debutant filmmaker Manish Manikpuri.
Wijayadasa was born in Sri Lanka and brought up in Singapore and Australia. She aspired to become a Miss World when she saw Aishwarya Rai Bachchan win the crown in 1994.
A trained dancer and confirmed vegetarian, Wijayadasa decided to try her luck in Bollywood after the Miss World pageant got over.
A chance meeting with the producers of Aalaap landed Ghamya her first Bollywood project.
She got a call for the song and immediately agreed as it required dancing and she's a trained dancer.
Ghamya is aware that she may be branded as an item girl after this project.
She says, "I had to take that risk. It was the first offer I got. I had to start somewhere and this was the much needed break. I might get more dancing roles or acting ones but I am happy that I did it as I got into the industry."